Sunday, March 27, 2011

7th Post/Life Drawing



Now that we have a more numerous amount of muscles on our manikens, I am starting to view the bumps and curves of the body as grouped muscles and not just random body curves.  Drawing or sketching people in my sketchbook has become much improved since the beginning of this class and especially now that I am using muscles as part of the skeletal structure of the persons and figures that I sketch/draw.  Although my sketches have no real skeletal structure they still hold the general shape of a figure in the medium of scribbled pen and ink.  I have only use charcoal in my sketchbook two, maybe three times.  A pen is much more convenient to carry around with my six by four sketchpad.  If I carry around charcoal with me I would end up breaking the charcoal more than using it to draw.  On the drawings I have worked on in class I have started using a white eraser rather than my kneaded eraser.  I guess one could say that the kneaded eraser isn’t a needed (kneaded) eraser at all.  But seriously now.  The white eraser I use works great for lightening or even highlighting a few details on my drawing.  The only problem I have is that there is little annoying pieces of residue on my drawing and when I try to wipe them off I more than likely end up smidging or smudging my drawing.   This is not a huge problem but more of a pet peeve of drawing tools.  My drawings still carry this cartoonish and not life-like feel, which is something I’m striving to achieve in my artwork.  

1 comment:

  1. I think making a figure look "life like" is one of the most difficult parts of this class. Theres a fine line between cartoonish representation and developing your own style of drawing the body. I still haven't found my happy medium.. in fact, some days I cant draw at all..which usually results in a lot of coffee drinking followed by persistent procrastination of all art related homework.

    ReplyDelete